Thursday, June 24, 2004

Post 601....
Man, today was my last day of internship. This time I didn't get kicked out, but I did feel bad. I still do feel bad. But why? Because I already miss those kids. I spend about half a year with them! I finally got to know them! I finally found out how to handle certain kids. I finally got a bond with the guys. I finally got a real bond with the girls.
And now.... just 4 more schooldays and the year will be over for them. I picked today as my last day because tomorrow they'll got to a musical, monday they have to say good bye to the monday and friday teacher, tuesday they have to say good bye to D (who will be hold back a year), and wednesday goodbye to their other teacher, and maybe also to C., who'll change schools.
Really busy so, I did it today. 2 kids were sick- and one of them was the girl I first bonded with (she loves to draw XD).
Those girls, so sweet and cuddly. Those guys, little mischiefs but still so cuddly..... (they are 7-8 years old!!! THEY ARE SO FREAKING CUTE!)
I had the best time of my life there. Just seeing those kids always made my day. And this was what I did as a good bye:
- I told them a story. Usually I ask them: Who, What and Where, and they'll give me answers. And then, at the spot, I'll make up a story. This time I got some subjects a few days early, but I still made most up while telling the story. About a female teacher who had a talking horse, and was in love with a male teacher who loved soccer (made up in occasion of the European Soccer Championships- WE WON?! THANKS Czech Republic!!! (they won from Germany- loooooong story XD)). But, the male teacher would only notice her if she would have a ball in her hands XD. So, she signed up for the Teacher Tournament- there was just 1 problem. She was so freaking afraid of the ball XD. But, in the end she made 2 (!!!) goals and they both got married. ^_^. My mentor just LOVED hearing it- she was laughing ALL the time and the kids: HUSH! Be quiet!!! (they thought it was exiting- and cool when I did a scene in slow motion XD).
- I made candy necklaces with them ^_^
- I taught them how to write their names in Japanese ^_^ , and to count, and to say a few phrases ^_^. They loved that too!!
So, overall, I had a great last day. When the kids left, I turned to my mentor and said: Well, they're gone.... now I can finally cry XD. And I let out what I had been hogging up for 3 days now.
It's really over. I won't see them again.
I loved them. And they liked me.
Stay healthy you all. I'll miss you all... with all my heart.

No comments: