Friday, February 12, 2010

Missed a few days!

Yeah, I missed a few days. I have my reasons!

First: tuesday. The Kumiko Event got cancelled. I was really looking forward to it! So, I was a bit 'whoever-talks-to-me-gets-all-my-negative-mood-over-him-or-her'. Plus I could only spill how terrible I felt. And since you deserve better, I put up some radio silence.

Wednesday: I worked till 2 p.m. and then hurried home, because dad and I would go to the Sign Fair - a fair about graphic-business. Since there was a bit of snow expected and it was a 1.5-2 hour drive, we left rightaway.
We arrived 7.30 pm. A lot of snow, traffic... and well, I needed 2 li'l breaks as well ^_^'. The fair wasn't interesting, or at least, not that much. It was most about presentation and equipment for presentation. Still, I got 2 click-photo-frames (mini size), 2 'Wuppies' (little synthetic balls with eyes; Dutch people seem to like them XD), 2 small notepads, some pens (which I need for my booklet promotion and 2 plastic 'commercial dolphin looking stands' which I plan to paint one day. All very mini, because it's free. Oh, and some new kind of promotional banner-standard.

I then challenged a printing company (with a big-a**-printer) to print one of my latest images; the cover of my 3rd book (and I found something I need to fix, but won't do that now XD). They accepted the challenge and I booted up my laptop.

Start up screen
Black

I was like: huh? But I just worked on it in the car! With the power plug! (we can hook up our laptops in a car so we don't use battery)

Again.
Start up screen
Black

I started to feel weird, so I went to another stand that had the same mini laptop as I had. I could borrow the cable, but again:

Start up screen
Black

I started to panic... I just worked on it and I had't backed up the latest stories I wrote! I called my brother in law (he's my help desk) and suddenly I got a new screen on my laptop 'Checking cache'.

My brother in law told me he could back up my work in case everything crashed, but luckily the thing started working again... and I immediately put my latest work on an USB stick. At least that work was safe now.
Today I made a full back-up. Just so you know. My work is safe.

Anyway, the printing company took my challenge and well... the result was comparable to minor gif-result, but hey: I got a big a** print of my 3rd book cover... twice, because one had a spat of ink on it XP. So no complaints here!

The fair was then over and on the way back I took some big printed maps along. I don't care if there's advertisement on it :) I mean, I got a big map of the Netherlands now XP Maybe I can finally learn where the heck some important places are XD

We left at 10 pm and while the road was still bad, there was little traffic on the way back. The result was a 2.5 hour drive; 3 hours shorter than the first time; towards the fair!

We were back around 00:30, so no online time there. Slept around 1 am... and of course, I had to be shining brightly at 7:30 again XD And of course, I slept terrible XD I think I had about 5 hours sleep!

Thursday:

I don't think much people noticed what I zombie I was XD I even did quite some work! But 8 hours of work... when I got home, I didn't feel up to doing much XP I can't even recall what I did!

Friday:

Only 4 hours of work, but still quite tired. When I got home, I tried to do some high speed internet, but alas: sloooow. I also made a Pen-i comic, finally XD Just send it in! And I turned one of the Wuppie's into a litt;e parrot. A guy I know plans to dress up as a pirate for Carnaval and I told him he needed a parrot XD I suggested a plushie and eventually thought about a Wuppie.
So, I made one for him :) Will give it to him tomorrow, that is, if he comes :) I wonder what he will say...

No comments: