Sunday, January 18, 2004

Hi everybody,

I believe you all know my father and I have been busy with a swimming teaching course, to become officially swimming teachers. The exam was yesterday. We both passed the theory part, but also both failed the practise part (as well as a good friend of mine; it wasn't justified for you too!!!).

Anyone we have spoken can't understand it. Especially the reasons:

My father was too strickt, talked too loud and was in the water too much. If he was more often in the water, he would have seen the kids were better than he thought. 'Sir can undoubtly give lessons, but didn't show it here'.
My father has about 25 years of experience, he ALWAYS talks that loud and I couldn't hear him (yet the judges could, while they were further away, talked to others and were sitting in a chair) that well! And too strickt?! Excuse me?! Not at all!!!!!

With me, they said I just 'didn't have my day'. I stood there too static (I should've moved, but they did say that this way none of the kids escaped my eyes), they didn't learn a thing and didn't enjoy the lesson.
I know I'm quite static; that's who I am. They also didn't hear that I decided to change my lesson plan because the kids were tired. My father, who was on the other side of the pool did hear it, the judge behind me did NOT.

And that evening, one of the parents of the kids called us, to ask if we passed. Because... her daughter had so much fun!
So, I failed, and so did my dad, because the judges THOUGHT the kids were not having fun. Excuse me, but in my swimming club we let children work AND have fun!

More people failed (5) because they were too strickt, or that children did not enjoy the lesson. And that is BULLSHIT my friends. Oh, and my friend, failed because her lesson preporation wasn't good. Her mother and brother, who are both SWIMMING INSTRUCTORS (way higher than a swimming teacher), helped with writing that lesson. EXCUSE ME?! Besides, I think she is a good one (haven't seen her actually giving lessons, but still)

We all failed on the most SUCKY and UNLOGIC reasons. We have to re-do that lesson in 3 months, and then we can choose what we will give. I will ask underwater swimming; because I'm used to give snorkling; where underwater swimming is very important as well.

No fun? The kids did not enjoy themselves? If the judges would have STAYED till the end, they could have seen the following event:
Me: So, you all had fun?
Them: YEEEEEEEEEEEEES! (without thinking!!!)
So, both of us should have passed. Honestly.

Our grades:

My grades:
Theory: 8 (out of 10)
Practise: 5.5 (out of 10; so close!!! I needed a 6!!)

My father:
Theory: 6 (how he hates that- he studied WAY more than I did)
Practise: 5

We will have to do it again, but I don't want to any more. I NEVER failed something before! (well, a test, but that is something different). I cried a lot yesterday, and then my mom told me that when SHE had to do that same course... she too failed the practise part....

At least OCEAN FAMILY UNITED!!!!

Thank you all for supporting me and wish me luck for the 2nd time!!!! The 4 persons who were told to pass undoubtly... all failed. My father was one of them. I believe I'm one of them as well, but not certain about that.
Kiss,
Kitt

No comments: