Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Guess who owns Mermaid Melody Manga Volume 1 till 7 (German edition) Well? Well? ... Yes.... he does too. Yes... and about half of germany as well.... WAAAH! You are so mean to me!!! *runs away crying*

Anyway, my order FINALLY arrived yesterday. I loved the manga (I underestimated how hard the german would be, but then again, I only read it once and fast. Practise makes perfect), but the 7th Volume dissappointed me... BIG TIME. I mean... 2 stories related to Mermaid Melody... and then 3 short stories completely unlreated! I don't care how well they were drawn (though almost all boys seem to look like Kaito) and how well written it could have been (didn't read it all yet). I bought Mermaid Melody and expected only that.
Well, I AM honest about my feelings here. maybe you love them, and that is your right, but it did dissappoint me. Also, I LOVE Greek Mythology, but I disliked the story about that girl named Diana and the sungod and all... because appearantly, Mythology was all wrong and Diana and Apollo were not siblings?! Or did I just completely misunderstood her intentions? Apollo and Diana were twins; Moon and Sun, and suddenly, in this story, they are not. Ancient old Mythology has been ignored, thrown into a blender to make a sweet-sweet love story.... What's next? Hera and Zeus as the ultimate lovers and Zeus NEVER betraying his wife?
I know I've been the one to throw around and blendering mythical creatures, but at least I try to base it on some logic and science. Working with Mermaids means a lot more open access than Maythology. After all, you have Mermaids, Sirens, and ALL stories about their nature and how they look are a LOT different from each other. Some claim they were lifesavers, other claim they were killers.
But still, even after this ranting, I won't give my final opinion before I read all stories carefully and finally understand them. I always believe in a second chance.

What more to tell? Boy, this sure is a long post already, compaired to lately XD I am blogging! Anyway, I've stumbled on an interesting case of 'Flame War' and Anti-Cliqueing. I wished I could say I don't want to be involved, but unfortunately, after reading this, I already am. I won't mention names and all, since I don't want a flame war to appear here, or to get her 'minions' (she called them that! Not me!) on my page, spamming my comments box.
Anyway, this case is about a girl, who loves Cosplaying. Heck, we all have our own hobbies, so who cares? I'd love to cosplay one day ^_^ I wonder who I should dress up..... maybe Grasshopper from Forever Young XD Means I can bounce and jump around! Weee!
Anyway, appearantly this girl buys a costume and then says: I MADE IT 100%! Okay, dishonesty is still something I can understand. Art Thieves do this all the time. Annoying like hell and makes you want to kick people.
This girl appearantly also says: I AM *insert name of character* (as in: in real life, full blood, existance) and why does everyone cosplay as ME?! or even: I want to be your friend, and I can understand you think I'm amazing, but no butt-kissing please.
So, asides her thievery, massive ego and being completely lost into her own world, she almost also tricked her old boyfriend into marrying her. He bought a ring for her Cosplay costume, and she knew that, but claimed it to be an engagement ring.
Honestly, this case intrigues me! How can anyone be so lost in their own world, that they throw a tantrum and a hissy-fit... while they are ADULTS, or honestly believe they are a fictional character? I'm telling you, Psycology students, teachers and practisers will love this case. And I do too. I'd love to hear her side of the story, to figure out if she's really that lost in her own world.

Also, as a last thing, another publisher turned down my story for Forever Young T_T. A dissappointment, even though a tad prepared for it. Oh well, onwards to the next publisher!

Oh, and I made a new AMV (Haha! Not to come online! No hosting service can survive it's ultimate gloryness XD) and... and... I so knew what I was going to write about 2 minutes ago! Oh well....

See ya!

No comments: