Friday, July 21, 2006

More than a year ago:
Teacher: "Mm, Kitt, this essay about Online picking on people (trolling, harrassement, flaming) is a nice one, but I doubt it goes this drastic. A 7/10."

About 3 months ago:
Other teacher: "Hey Kitt, I read the essay you made about Online picking on people! It was quite good!! What grade did you get?"
Me: "A 7/10."
Teacher: "That low??! I would have given you a higher one!"
Me: "Oh, thanks. You really thought it was okay? It was so hard finding information. Like, the week after I handed the essay in, I found this site about Online picking on people, and the newspaper made a small article about it."
Teacher: "Awe, that must feel bad."
Me: "Oh, yes it did."

Today:
Me: *opens newspaper from a few days ago.*
Me: *sees HUGE article about Online picking on people, and how terrible it can be. Even the example of a girl who was blackmailed, and if she disobeyed, she was promised raping, yet she still disobeyed... and got raped. But never dared to go to the police. My opinion: O.o; Terrible is an understatement*
Me: ...........
Me: ........... can it get any more ironic? All the information I needed for that essay is coming out NOW!

So, what do I have?
- An essay I made with limited information more than a year ago.
- I got a VERY average grade. The kind of grade you get when teachers think you did your best, but don't really care, and need to give a grade (which happens at my (ex)college ).
- Around that time, more information slips through towards the media.
- A few months ago, a teacher covered me with compliments about the essay
- Today I find THE article that would prove I was NOT overreacting in my essay.

............................ Bad timing is my forte.

No comments: