Saturday, January 08, 2005

What an interesting day today was. I dreamed that when I went to work, that I didn't have to work, because there was a national day off for mail deliverers XD Too bad that didn't come true when I reached my work in reality XD Oh well, can't have everything. I took my time for my work, and was earlier done then expected. Still, I have to practise a lot to get faster. One day I'll have to do the entire work all by myself, and if I keep this speed, I won't be able to make it.
There also was quite some wind today. Strangely enough my heavy bags kept me in balance on my bike XD. When I just started delivering, I noted a plastic 'for sale' sign on a window in one of the condo's. I think the size is about a metre high and 75 centimetres wide, and shaped like a traingle. One side is open, and it's stuck to the window with those suction thingies.
I already heard the wind raging aside that thing. I thought: 'Mm, that the wind hasn't already blown it off.' The wind had the strength of a small soft storm (can break branches of trees) and between the high flats, it's even harder. I put the last envelope in the box from that piece, looked up, and saw that freaking sign coming at me! As a reflex, I raised my only free hand and..... well, let's just say a cursed for about half a minute because my wrist hurted like hell. Yes, that thing hit me. I tried to return that darn thing, but the wind blew it out of my hands and into a pond. My sweet poor wristy T_T. Oh well, I survived, as well as my wrist.
Oh yeah, and the wind almost blew me from my bike when I had delivered all the mail O.o I guess I needed the weight to the bags!!!

No comments: