Sunday, October 19, 2003

Hotmail is acting très weird. Yeah. Very.
Anyway, yesterday I saw something that frightened me more than spiders and sharks. And anyone who knows me, knows I'm terribly afraid of those. Yesterday during work, I was simply minding my own business.
Suddenly, I saw a little kid, maybe 2 years old on his tricycle. A very cute view, how this tiny boy rode his bike ^_^.
ALL OF A SUDDEN THAT KID RODE ON THE ROAD! It seemed like he was actually looking if there was no traffic coming but oh my gosh... a 2 year old... on a tricycle... on a busy road!
I was so relieved the cars saw him so they passed him but oh my gosh... I doubted wheter I should get him or not... After all, he was not my business (nowadays if you save a kid, you get almost sued for touching him =S).
I already imagined seeing the mother running out and screaming for her kid. But no one came. Suddenly a larger boy came to the flat and yelled up:
'He doesn't want to come home!!' I looked better and I saw his friends had taken care of him; apparently it was his little brother.
'Then you watch him!' Oh my gosh?! WAS THAT THE MOTHER?! It was! She didn't care at all about the fact that her 2 year old (maybe 3) was crossing a busy road?!
I talked about it with another woman in the flat. She told me that a lot of people in those flats don't care about their kids. After all, last May a kid fell from the flat and died. And it seems no mother has learned from it...
I was so afraid... I already imagined seeing that kid being hit by a car...
But the mother didn't seem to care at all...

No comments: