Friday, October 10, 2003

I would like to thank everybody who supported me in the past few days. However, the war ain't over yet (in a figure of speech). I would really like to thank my dad and F@ceman. Both convinced me to go and talk to my mentor.
My mentor wasn't there, so I talked to the other teacher from that internship. The second I started noting, she became so cranky XD. On advise of my dad I can't tell you what she said, but well...
The reason I got send away... well... it's just too STUPID for words! Man, this is so UNFAIR! Because of 1 bad remark (which was intended as irony and anyone with brains would have asked what I meant) and because I didn't do as they expected. But... NO ONE EVER corrected me!!!
I admit I made mistakes.... but they never corrected me! That means THEY made mistakes as well!! Like I said to a friend of mine: you can't improve if you don't know what you've done wrong...
Anyway, during that talk I felt so superior; especially when I heard the reasons. Those are NO reasons to send someone away! At least... in my world =S (I hope others agree). I stayed polite, and kept on noting. NYA. She was so cranky.
BUT.... (this so works, thanks dad!)... the second I put the top on the pen and stopped writing (closed the notebook too) she was suddenly so nice, and I managed to get some statements out of her mouth which can be proven usefull one day. I hope I won't be needing these notes ever, as well as that the people from my next internship will have brains.
Still, the fact I got send away still bothers me =(. I still feel odd. So, some tips if you have to do a talk you know that will be unpleasant:
~ Write your questions down and make sure they get answered!
~ STAY NICE!!
~ STAY POLITE!
~ Stay very understanding, even if you disagree. Apologise if you feel it would improve the mood, but don't apologise for EVERYTHING!
~ Repeat and summerize some statements from the other (then you show you are listning)
~ Make notes. They feel threatened by that.
~ When you think you got answered all your questions, put the top on the pen and close your notbook. Don't touch it anymore. Get your brains ready, because the real talk starts then then!!! When the threat is gone, they say more and even things you never asked for.
~ But, MOST IMPORTANT: STAY POLITE!!!!

Today I shopped for my 'tomorrow-my-friends-will-come-who-I-haven't-seen-for-a-long-time' night and THE BLUE BIRD HAS LIFTED OFF!!! Can't say muc more... WOOPS! Gotta go!!!!! Otherwise I'll come late for Swimming Lessons I must give!!!

No comments: