Sunday, June 11, 2006

I can't believe this.... minutes ago, I was watching the TV, about the World Championships 2006. The guy read out loud News Paper titles (while he had a guest next to him).

He: "And this newspaper title says: "Won in the Oven" (Oven was pronounced as: o as in row, ven as in pun, but then with a v - aka: THE DUTCH WORD!) "

I honestly felt so ashamed. This guy... he could not pronounce "oven" right! Okay, okay, not everyone is top in English, but this guy PRETENDS and THINKS he is.

Other proof:

He: "And this title is: 'May not have been nice, but still 3 points! In Dutch:' Good for three points!"
Guest: "No, it says: it was not a good match, but still 3 points."
He: ".... No, it says..."
Guest: "I'm sorry, you were wrong."
He: "You want to take over?"

The guy could not even admit he was wrong!! He is so... so... ARROGANT! He already was that when he was reporting Tour de France (he did that for years), and now he's even MORE arrogant!

And other, MORE INTRESTING NEWS!

Yesterday, we had the 35th Anniversary of the Swimming Club. Mom was not completely in the mood, so I dragged her to some games. We ended up playing Darts. Now, you must know, that we know the rules. But we also tend to have our own game!!
My sister once threw the darts while she was not looking... and still hit the board.
I tend to hit the board more often when I throw 3 arrows at once.
My sister once threw 3 arrows at the same time while the palm of her hand was upwards (different curve).

So, yesterday, I was throwing 3 arrows at the same time, and mom did the same (even though she did the last thing from the list above).
And guess what... Suddenly... I had the bulls eye! I could not believe it, and rushed to the board. I checked; YES! I hit the bullseye!!
I threw my hands up in a cheer and... HIT MY MOM IN THE FACE!
Appearantly she was standing behind me! I felt soooooo ashamed and terrible. My mom had bit in her tungue, and even though it was a minor cut, she was in soooooo much pain. I still feel bad about it! Some other people joked about it, but I was ready to cry. I caused my mother physical pain.

I bet next year we can laugh about it. Maybe even next week. But at this moment, I feel bad XD

No comments: