Sunday, June 18, 2006

Scare of the day: Seeing an advertisment on tv (Nickelodeon) of NEOPETS! Oh my gosh! I was so stunned! A commercial of NEOPETS on TV??!

Also, I want to make a monthly podcast. Problems:

- You can only use Podsafe Music. The database might be immense, but I simply can't find much music I like. Why? Because I like J-pop dammit! I only found some Kingdom Hearts and Love Hino mp3 on a Podsafe site. And somehow it still doesn't feel that is Podsafe. Come on.... Disney and giving something out free to use???!

- What to talk about? What would interest people?

I already made my first Podcast (for school; in DUTCH) here: http://eazyshare.net/files/40/PodcastK2.mp3

For my own monthly podcast, I have to find a hole in the laws of music-copyright. I always thought samples were free to use; meaning: 15 seconds of a song or so. Appearantly, even that is not allowed. Okay, part of me can understand that... but why can some big sites use samples of music?! You can't convince me they asked every single artist!

However, you are legally allowed to listen to music with your friends. And you are allowed to use music for your own practise.

So, technically, I am allowed to make a podcast with any music I like, on the condition I only listen to it with my friends. Because that's what the law states! I can listen to music with my friends!
However, some of my friends live not near me. If I want to listen to that same music with my friends, I need to send it to them. I'm not sending them a full copy of the song then. Just a sample. To encourage them to look for that music legally themselves. So we can enjoy the music together.

And well, not all my friends have huge e-mail boxes. Some don't even have MSN! And I'm not kidding about that! One of my High School Friends doesn't have MSN! And sending big files from hotmail isn't that handy as well!

So.... I go to a File Uploader. Like eazyshare.net . I post it on there, so my friends can download it. That's a lot easier because not all my friends are online on the same time. Some live in the USA, some live in Scotland, some live in The Netherlands. Time zone stuff and all.

So in order to create a podcast (for PERSONAL USE, and PRACTISE) and to listen to it with my friends (because that is allowed!!!) I have no other choice than to upload it and send them the link to download it.

Now to find a loophole so I can make a Podcast blog..... Maybe to use it so I can archive my practise and all. It's personal use, but blogs can be accessed by others..... I need to find a loophole for that.

No comments: