Monday, December 12, 2005

Today was a weird day. Seriously. I went to my internship all: 'ANOTHER day, puu.....', and when I came there, the teacher suddenly mentioned I had to start the day and read with a small group. I thought: 'CRAP! That's right! She did mention that! I KNEW I forgot SOMETHING!', So, I started up the day. Praying is still the hardest thing around. Seriously. I am not religious at all, and then I have to 'talk to God' with the children. Not easy. What on earth do you say to a guy when you are not certain if he exists yourself?! But I guess practise makes perfect. Thus far no complaints. I just ask him to help the children make a better day today and all, and if he wants to think about the poor children. This way these children are more aware that there are children less fortunate in the world.
Btw, I have children like Down Syndrome or very low intelligence. Kids who can't go to normal school. And I love my kiddies =)
So, I started reading, which went fairly calm. For half of the group, the book we read was too hard, while the other kids were on the right level. But I had no choice; this was the only book with enough copies for all of them! Plus, it went fairly well :) After that I put them to math, which went okay as well.
Just before PE, I got angry with a kid for a change. My mentor was happy about that; that kid should know he can't go that far any more. With me, getting angry on a child is hard. I usually feel helpless. Luckily my anger is quickly over as well, and the kid was impressed for a while.
So yeah, I felt confident. Has been a while since I felt that. It's a nice feeling. I love being confident =)

No comments: