Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Well, Christmas is over for me. Somehow Christmas has not much meaning to me. Most celebrations lost their meaning. Actually, I wouldn't care if we stopped celebrating it. But that's only because it's the same each and each year. It's not special any more.
I made sushi though. And my sister liked it. My sister likes sushi. Weeee!

I also had to face some annoying kids lately. Don't get me wrong, I love kids, but what bothers me is their unjustified arrogance. They are between the age of 12 and 16 and consider themselves 'full time OMG I AM GREAT' artists. And of course, they ALWAYS say: 'I started drawing at the age of 6! And now I started drawing Anime!'. Sure kid. When you were 6, you learned how to write. And your natural development of drawing started. You were NOT an artist at age 6. Pu-lease.
And what bothers me most? They tell ME, someone who started drawing at the age of 16 and is now 3 months away from being 23 (OMG I'm OLD!), that 'your style is out of proportion' and 'your coloring is funny'. And what do they want what you ask for more advise? 'The legs are way too short. In anime you have those really long arms and legs!'

........

Did anyone ever notice I DO NOT draw anime? Sure, influenced by, but it was heavily influenced by Elfquest as well. And please, I made an essay about the devellopment of children and art. A LOTof children do not get further to what they can at the age of 12. This means that if you get further, that being an artist is a GIFT, and you should thank it for being there, instead of taking it for granted and that you think the gift should thank you for allowing to be a part of you.

And to say: 'Awe, they are only kids'? Kids, yes, but this is arrogance. Most of them won't get much better or get only better at copying other people's styles. About one 3rd of them will get a unique style. The others will probably be very good at copying work from others.

Being an artist is a blessing, not something everyone can do. It's a gift you should cherish.

And no, I'm not saying: 'OOO! Thank everyone for it!'; I'm saying: Remember that being an artist asks a lot of work, but is only limited to a few people. Most people will never be able to draw what you draw. Think about that.... and then continue drawing =D Enjoy it! You have the gift!

I'm not saying I'm a good person. Or a good artist. Yes, I'm able to draw more than the average person. But am I good? I've only started about 7 years ago with drawing. In 7 years I learned a lot. But I'm not finished with learning; I never shall. Every image I draw shall have mistakes. There is no such thing as the perfect image. And still, after all that work, it's a matter of taste.

And I have my own style. No matter how much I try, that shall never change. The style I have now is a part of me. Just like my gift of drawing. And I shall never let them go, no matter what people shall say. I'm thankful for being an artist.

And to end my 'OMG Kitt you are overreacting again'-rant, a short dream again. It was one of those dreams where I had a lot of trouble opening my eyes. But I spend most of the time in a swimming pool. With one of my male friends. And before you go: AWE LOVE! - he's a LOT younger than I am, and I do not fall on VERY young men or older men XD. I don't even know his exact age by heart, but then again, I sometimes even forget my own age XD. Anyway, in this dream we played with weapons in a swimming pool. I had nifty weapons and some losers who laughed at me did NOT! XD Not that I hurt him or so. It was just for show.
And then a show started, and it turned out I (and some others) had the capability to turn into brown sharks. It turned out in some under water ballet. There was also a small girl who was up soon (she had the cutest outfit!! All pink XD), but she lost her tooth, so we had to hurry and bring it to mom XD She was my rival (kinda XD) but I simply couldn't let her cross the swimming poll by herself!
I dunno who won though. And I'm terrified of sharks XD Puu. I'm an idiot.

Also, a new character shall be introduced after seeing LotR - The 2 Towers. Yeah, mom wanted to see it. I still don't think they are great movies XD But that's just me. Probably because I write fantasy myself. Anyway, after seeing Gandalf, I got the inspiration for a new character: The Harbringer. Sometimes an old man, sometimes a fresh leaf (girl XD), bringing prophecies to those who need it.
Keiran shall get his: 'Your path shall bring death yet life, as well as betrayal and loyalty. Your path shall never be easy, and you shall lose more respect than you shall gain. But in the end, you shall do what is right... if you fully commit yourself to it.'. Well, if that isn't vague, nothing is =D

No comments: