Tuesday, September 23, 2003

I never, ever wished someone would get hurt. But, my new mentor from my internship... I just hope she breaks her leg or something like that. And that's already something bad if you know me. I taught myself how not to swear and not to hate someone. I simply can't wish something bad to someone... but today....

In case you didn't know already, I'm studying to become an elementary school teacher.

Today I had my 3rd day of the internship and it was my 2nd day my mentor saw me. I would give my 1st lesson in front of her eyes today. (Math)
My feelings: Hey, it went great! For once, something Junior High kids have trouble with, these 1st graders (3rd grade here) kinda understand!!! It went quite well! (All other math lessons I have given went like hell, so hence why I'm happy)
Her feelings: I'd better quote her: 'It went aweful. I doubt if they actually learned something. You picked out the wrong attention-points. If you don't do something about yourself, it will turn out into nothing'.
In other words: she thinks I'm hopeless, after seeing me 2 days and only seen 1 lesson I gave. How on earth can she grade me on that tiny moment?!
I cried about 2 hours about this 'tiny' remark. The fact she thought the lesson failed doesn't bother me. It's the way she said it.
She now wants to talk to my on-school mentor (already!!!?) so I gave her the name of my guidance counsoler. I already mailed her as well, just to tell her a tiny bit about what happened and asking for an appointment to talk to her.
You gotta admit; if you hear this on your 3rd day after your 1st lesson, it kinda makes you depressed. Especially since I already worked on this for 2 years.

No comments: