Tuesday, March 18, 2003

Did you ever have those days that went great (I almost gave the whole day class myself, and this is only my 6th day of internship!) and that you get home and find a mail from an american that actually says (not in these words) that dutch people are a bunch of idiots for: not knowing the difference between anime and manga, having a damn lousy school system, being stuck in the past (we are NOT!), staring at foreigners (this was the dumbest one I heard so far. Why would we?!), not speaking any major language (never knew English; which is spoken besides dutch by almost 75% of the country- most of the time people speak a 3rd language as well (I speak a bit german and a bit french- I count them as one) was NOT a major language) and so on, and so on.
I do wonder. Are there any americans out there who consider themselves better than any other country? Because I so hope this was just 1 case!! (not saying if it was female or male)
Anyway, there were not exact words that said this, but the way he/she reacted to my normal phrases.....!!!!

No comments: