Wednesday, March 19, 2003

Today- my 3rd day of my internship week (feeling SO TIRED) was just great! I mean it! I didn't do that much, because I got send out of class, but it was great!
When the kids had to do their work, I was send away to paste art from them on big sheets of paper. I wasn't allowed to return for an hour. Well, then you just KNOW they are plotting something ^_^. (Now it just hits me- she told a story about a boy who got a bunny for his b-day!! She introduced the activity to those kids and I sat with my nose on top of it....and never noticed it!!!) Anyway, when I was finally returned to allow I came in class.
Eva (6 yrs): We are making wrapping paper!!
Me (playing like I don't know a thing): For the flower shop? (our 'home- corner' is changed into a flower shop)
Eva: No, it's for...I can't tell you that, it's a secret!!
Eva is one of the smartest kids in class. I believe she's also the oldest and you can see that! She really took the lead in the designing the wrapping paper!
Eva: Who hasn't drawn himself at the paper yet? Ime, you have to draw yourself and write your name! Who more? Hester, come draw yourself!!
Dang, the kid is a 6 year old!!! And she's so smart!
Anyway, I also got the famous:
Levi: We made you a book but I can't tell you that!
I also saw a piece of paper while I was explaining Juultje what a secret was (cuz they were spoiling it all over =D) and I asked:
Me: Juultje, what is that piece of paper?
Juultje: *spots it, grabs it, hides it behind her* NOTHING!!!!
So cute- it's so hard for them to keep a secret- especially since my b-day won't come until friday!! C'mon, they are 4-6 years old; you can't expect them to keep such a thing a secret! But don't worry; I'll act surprised. ^_^. I'm a great actress
(And so is my new mentor =S. Dang, I didn't notice why she told that story until I was send away!! Gosh I'm STUPID! It was RIGHT UNDER MY NOSE!)

No comments: