Sunday, May 24, 2009

Pot, meet kettle

A: "Who is next?"
B: "Ah, my granddaughter was."
C: "No, ma'm, you are mistaken. My granddaughter is!"
B: "No, we were here first."
C: "Absolutely not! My grandchildren have waited the longest! My goodness, what an example for the children."

And then, 5 minutes later (no, not kidding; honestly 5 minutes AT LEAST!)

C: "Luckily we are above all of this. Honestly, you must be really proud of yourself. To set such an example for your grandchildren! Really a wonderful grandmother you are!"

Well, excuse me, Lady C, if you are SO ABOVE IT, then why do you NAG about it for 5 minutes! Seriously, Lady B was the one who won this fight; by a landslide! I honestly thought about butting in, telling Lady C that it was enough! People can be mistaken and you have to believe in the best of people! Maybe it's freaking naive, but YOU, Lady C, just set the WORST EXAMPLE EVER for your grandchildren. Not only that, you VERBALLY attacked a GRANDMOTHER before the eyes of her grandchildren! Who the hell do you think you are?!

In case you wondered, I was A; I was invited for a fair as 'schmick' artist (painting things on kids' faces), so even if I had the courage, I could not butt in. I was not involved and I couldn't let this escalate in front of the eyes of the children. Hey, look at that, I thought ABOUT THE CHILDREN! Even Lady B thought about the children! But no, you, Lady C, you think you are the best person ever! Because, of course, a wonderful person drags CHILDREN into a fight!

*huffs, puffs*

Even if you don't get it, the short version is: two people argued about who was next in line, one verbally attacking a grandmother and putting her down in front of the eyes of her grandchildren, while the attacker was a grandmother herself, telling her grandchildren how great SHE was and how BAD the other! Gaaah! I was so angry! WHO CARES WHO IS NEXT!? Waiting 3 minutes won't hurt you!

Other than that, sunny day, immense rush, painted about 50 children, could be even more. I don't even count such things. Painted 4 dolphins, an elephant, 2 pigs, 2 lady bugs and don't get me started about the princesses and butterflies! The downside of a rush like this is that you honestly can't pay attention to what you are painting; you have about 3 minutes a child. And my back; oi! My poor back...

Next year we seriously have to make a sign from when till when we paint, and include a break!

I just finished watching Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne and somehow it doesn't feel finished to me. It's way too open. The manga had a closed ending I really loved and this one was way, way different. And what's the deal with Chiaki, huh?! 'I can protect her as I am!' You have freaking awesome powers and you don't use them?!
Mou... and I really liked his long coat *sighs*. The veil was FINALLY dropped and then the guy doesn't henshin any more?! And what happened to Miyako afterwards? And Jeanne? And darn it; everyone else! And no li'l Natsuki.... I was really looking forward to that, as well as Zen-kun.

Note to seld about future stories I might ever write: If your hero/heroine has a magical sidekick who promises to protect the hero/heroine no matter what... then don't let them refuse to use their powers, thinking they can do without! You have those powers; USE THEM!

And you know the worst part?! Chiaki didn't even need his powers! Waaah! My head is spinning like crazy!

.... I need a cookie....

No comments: