Sunday, October 25, 2009

Clowns keep on scaring me

I have no idea why I dislike clowns more and more with the year. As a kid, I sometimes dressed up as a Pierrot, but ever since High School they started to scare me more and more. Could it be those painted smiles? Could it be their eternal happiness?

Or could it be that 3 second flash I saw of IT?

And then all those Halloween Advertisments with Horror Clowns don't help. Seriously. With the year, clowns scare me more and more.

Also, I don't really think clowns are funny. All that pie throwing, falling, doing clumsy... no, I don;t think that's funny. But that's because I can't laugh about the misfortune of others. All those 'Funniest Home Videos'? You won't make me happy by forcing me to watch them.

Oh wow, a car toples down a hill. Ha-ha-ha... *sarcasm* Those people are lucky they got out alive!!

So clowns and misfortune of others? Not my cup of tea *nods*

The reason for this blog posting? Hellendoorn's Halloween Advertisement ¬¬

2 comments:

Kiyoshi said...

Don't worry, your fear is a well-known psychological thingy.

http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coulrofobie

Kitty Ocean said...

True, but with me it grows with the years. As a kid, I loved them. But as a teenager I found out I did't find they were funny any more and from that moment, I became scared. Though, the unpredictability the article mentions could be the reason. With clowns, you never know if they are good or evil... but they always smile...