Sunday, October 06, 2002

I saw it coming, I just knew it would happen soon. Still...it feels so unexpected. At 7 pm Dutch time... Prince Claus has passed away. He has been ill for a very long time. I just think about it- I'm so happy he has been able to be at his son's wedding. At least he has seen the face of his daughter in law. At least he has been able to hold his newest grand child... yet.... it feels like someone I know passed away. The royal house is a part of our country and we all know who lives there. But... I've never met them. How can it feel like someone I know passed away.
Queen Beatrix, I wish you the luck with the coming days. Your husband was an angel; he gave everything up for you. It has been hard for you, I imagine, to marry a german man so short after the 2nd world war. Remember the days you had him near you. He was a true angel. I wish you luck, and your family.

No comments: