Monday, January 11, 2010

My New Year's Resolution!

Yes, I finally made one! I'm going to spend less time on people who have Dual Personalities and are Attention Hoggers.

Dual Personality: People who are totally sweet & nice in real life, but when I meet them online, they are either cranky 24/7 or even act like I'm an idiot. Well, pardon me for breathing!!
People in my friends-circle who have that: 1.5. (one person is often cranky towards me in real life as well, but not as much as in the digital world!)

Attention Hoggers: People who want to keep on hearing how much I love their *insert artistic result of choice*, demand I follow their every move (yet not returning the favour...), or who seem to want to hear how much I consider them my friends. I have faith in our friendship; why can't you?! They also tend to go 'Woe is me!' or, and this kind I actually dislike most: they brag about how great they are. Some don't even realise they are doing it, though.
People in my friends-circle who are that: 3. I'm sorry, but I have my own life. I can't spend MY TIME on YOU all the time. A good friend knows how to give and receive, so they listen to me when I have a problem. I don't mind following up on your life, but don't call me selfish if I spend 30 minutes on my own problems.

Fun Fact: 1 Attention Hogger said I was begging for attention because of this blog. Well, DUH! This is MY blog! 'Kitty Ocean's boredom!'. But honestly, I don't care if you read it or not. It's something for me and if you honestly think I'm begging for attention because of this... *rolls eyes*. Notice the almost 3 year hiatus? I don't want to complain that much any more!

... yes, I know this blog post is a complaint. Again: my blog. Not yours. There's a little square with an 'x' in your upper right corner. Go ahead, click on it. Even if you turn away, I will keep on posting.

Why? Because I can.

As for my friends... I have a few zones.

The Super Special Zone: People who are the closest to me and who I consider my best of best of best friends. I have currently 2 people in this zone.

The Special Zone: People who are close to me and whom I truely consider friends. I have 3 people in this zone as well.

The Zone: My good friends. Some lean towards the Special Zone boarder, some lean towards the outer boarder... some are in the middle. Most people are here.

The Outer Boarder: People who are still in The Zone, but have to be careful. No, I'm not threatening. You have people who are in that region as well. They have hurt your feelings a few times, but you decided to forgive them, probably even thinking 'they didn't mean it that way'. Still, if they will hurt your feelings again, you will decide if it's worth keeping them.
The Attention Hoggers are in this zone.

Outside: People who hurt your feelings really good. You are willing to forgive them, but they have to do the first step. My quote: "They have a problem with me, I don't have a problem with them." I currently have 2 people in this zone. Willing to forgive them, but if they won't see they are ruining a friendship... their loss. Not mine.

Severed the Bond: You have to do a lot of mending to get back into one of the zones again. Currently I have 5 people in this zone. They betrayed my trust, my friendship and abused me on several ways (not physically, but mentally), or said things I can't forgive them. I won't be fooled again by them. Luckily, 1 person I won't be seeing again, and 2 people I probably won't be seeing any year soon XP

I don't give a ****: I won't forgive you. Ever. 1 person is in this zone. Oh wait. 2. I don't care what you think, but you've betrayed me so much, there's no word for it. Funny thing, 1 was during High School. I almost failed a class because of that person... and the reason I disliked doing group activities. The reason why I rather do a whole report on my own and others can tag along.

So, a little insight on me. I won't reveal who is where. If you want to know so badly where you stand... you have little faith in the friendship we share. Believe in it. I believe in you, so all you have to do, is believe it yourself...

8 comments:

Kiyoshi said...

I would like to know where I stand. Not because I do not trust you, but because of my lack of self-respect when it comes to social situations. In the past I have experienced way too many "friendships" that seemed real but broke.

Also, and I hope you do not feel offended by this, can you tell me what I can do to get in a higher zone?

Lianne said...

Well I think I know where I am (the Zone), and I'm comfortable being there. My friendship with my secondary school friends has improved so much over the years that I'm not desperate any more :).

Kiyoshi said...

@Lianne:
I hope that does not mean I am only just a customer to you?

And you have a point, it could be that I am desperate.

Kitty Ocean said...

@ Kiyoshi: I know your reasons, but online I shall never share. MSN... perhaps. I know you have little self esteem, but is it really needed? ^_^

And it's not possible to get higher, unless you're in one of the 'danger zones' XP And even then, when you're in 'The Zone'... that's the highest level for 'normal' friends. Special Friends can't be made. That just... happens...

And still, you are who you are :). Have a little more faith in yourself and you'll find out which zone you're in... without me having to tell it :)

But again: in public I'll never share... but MSN... That's private ^_^

nanashi---- said...

Hmm...I've never had you talk about yourself for 30 mins. I would have liked to listen =/
I think you've listened to too many of myself that I feel almost guilty =__=;


btw, have twitter now C:

Lianne said...

@Kiyoshi

@Lianne:
I hope that does not mean I am only just a customer to you?

And you have a point, it could be that I am desperate.


I think you confuse me with somebody else, because I don't think I know you.

Kitty Ocean said...

@ Lianne; if you are Acrocat, you do know Kiyoshi XD Under the name Felinalover ^_~?

Lianne/crocat said...

@Kitty Ocean and Kiyoshi

Ahh, sorry I didn't know it was you Felinalover! Thanks for clearing this up Kitt :).