Wednesday, June 11, 2003

I know everyone is just DYING to here the results from my singing-thing at school. And to those who didn't know, here is the case:
Music Assignment 1: Write new lyrics for a song OR write a new melody for a song OR write a complete new song, lyrics AND music.
I-chan and I formed a group (yes, 2 peeps is a group) and we picked writing new lyrics for a song.
At first I suggested to do I See Your Dreams, that Uumie wrote. I already knew that song and I-chan is amazing with the piano. But, Suteki Da Ne was too hard for her to learn is such short notic.
So, plan B. She could play My Heart Will Go On from Celine Dion really well and I wrote new text on it. I'm almost finished with the song, but since we had performance today we decided to do it till the first chorus. I believe that's 1 verse and the choros.
Last week we heard we would have a small contest in our class. The 1st 3 winners would get a CD. I hate contest. I always loose >_<.
Today I had to sing and I was nervous as hell. (If you don't believe me, you can ask others). I was especially afraid M-guy would say things like: "GO FOR IT!" Okay, not a bad thing, but he says it so loudly and hard it makes me more nervous. So, I asked him politely if he would NOT say things like that because it would make me more nervous. I know he means well and that he only wants to joke, but it would be a wrong combination.
I entered the room and.... COMPLETELY BLANK! Text was gone! I didn't recall anything! I got even more nervous.
At first 1 group came and they wrote the complete song themselves. And such an adorable song! The whole class loved it!
When the teacher asked who was next, a girl said: "Well, I'm really curious about I-chan's and Kitt's song!!" And the whole class agreed. So, democratically decided.... I-chan and I were second. And the M-guy. "Don't worry, it'll go great!!!" Argh! And I asked him not to do that!
The guy means so well... But, I put myself over it. Now, I must tell you this was the first time I had to sing in front of a group of people, and they would stare at me. I always wanted to do it, but it was a BIG BIG first.
I saw a girl grinning. I was so afraid I would mess things up I decided one thing: HEY, Nice painting in the back of the class! Let's stare at it!
I stared the whole time at it and I remembered my text in time. I-chan told me after it I was singing faster, so she played faster as well.
Next were 4 other groups, but not as great as the first group... I could have a chance...
Scores. As expected, the first group got the most points.... second was... pinch me... please pinch me... I-chan and ME?!?!
I became 2nd! WOOHOOO!!!!
Though I think my class expected more of the song, we still became second. The first song was so great! It deserved to win!
Though another strange thing is.... nor the teacher nor the class ever mention ANYTHING about ANY song... why? I did expect some comments from the teacher... but after each song it was awfully quiet. Not even comments AFTER that class from the students... maybe they DID expect more...
Oh well
I BECAME SECOND!
Small note: I was the only one who sang solo and the only one who sang an English Song. Yay me.

No comments: