Friday, July 24, 2009

Customer Service; what we have to put up with

*telephone rings*

Me: Hello, welcome at *bla, bla, bla*, how may I assist you?
Him: I want to file a complaint; how dare you all!!
Me: Eh... okay, what is the complaint?
Him: You are sending me e-mails! I specifically said I did not want ANY kind of e-mails when I would sign up; no service e-mails!
Me: Oh, what did you get?
Him: The one where you are offering me gifts!

*brain mode: Eh... you complain because we give you GIFTS?! Given horse and mouth, anyone?*

Me: Oh, but sir...
Him: You are sending me SPAM! I do not want SPAM!
Me: But sir...
Him: What you people are doing is illegal! I will report you all!
Me: Sir, would you be so kind to not yell so me, so I can answer your question?
Him: I AM NOT YELLING!!!

*brain mode: Obviously, the two of us have a different point of view of yelling.*

Me: Sir, you did not get our newsletter, which you have said you didn't want to get. A service e-mail is not part of that, it's a service.
Him: I DO NOT WANT THAT! And if I will ever receive one again, I will report you to the OPTA!

*note: the OPTA is a Dutch Institution where you can report malificent PHONE companies; like people who call you, doing offers (telemarketing), or phone companies that send you bills while you have not used their services. Too bad I didn't think of that DURING the conversation.*

Me: All right, sir, I will ask the head office to remove you from ALL mail-services.
Him: You are SPAMming! SPAMming is ILLEGAL!

*afterwards thought: Ehm, there are dozen institutions who send you gifts over postal mail, like greeting cards you can use. You never apply for that... do you call those organisations as well, complaining you got their free gifts? (If he does that too, you should know that he would call organisations like Cancer Funds and Orphans of the Third World... I can actually see him doing that.) Anyway, insert a few more minutes of impolite ranting, yelling and falsely accusing.*

Him: And I swear I will do it! I will report you to the OPTA!
Me: You are welcome to. Any other questions? No? Have a nice day sir!

Gaaaaah, people like that SOOOO steam me up! The guy sounded about 40 years old; no doubt he'll get a heart attack within the next 5 years. Not that I want him to get an attack, but seriously, if you verbally abuse someone you don't know because you got a GIFT, then you are too stressed for your own good.

My TeamLeader heard about the conversation and replied: "Ehm... what's wrong with the DELETE button?"

I hope that guy gets either thrown from our system, gets NO MAILS whatsoever any more (HA! That way you'll never know when your order will be shipped! >=D) or that he gets signed up for every newsletter in the world. HA!

I wonder what the main office will reply....

2 comments:

UUMAY YAY said...

What a complete moron! >_<

Kitty Ocean said...

Best comment ever XD Quoted for win!