Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Ehm... I'm rude now?

Heya all.

There's not much to say. Last night, I went to a musical from one of my swimming students. It has been ages since I've been one (last I 'saw' was the one I played in myself; 14 years ago). Musicals are a tradition for kids leaving elementary school, and usually it's filled with a cheesy story, bad jokes and bad acting.

Not this one. This one I REALLY enjoyed! The kid who played the bad guy... My goodness! He was AWESOME! His laughter (evil laughter!) was amazing and his movements were close to a theater-villan. After the show I told him I really enjoyed his acting and he didn't know what to reply but 'Ehm, thank you Ma'am...'. He probably even blushed (too dark to see XD)!

The other 'villan', was more the type 'I wanna be an evil villan and I sure am!'. That kid was SO CUTE too! It's the kind of villan you wanna hug!

The acting wasn't bad either. Sure, not all 12 years old are the best actors, but they played their roles well. There was also a kid in a wheelchair, who had one of the biggest roles. His dancing at the end was cool, but he could have been more confident of himself. He counted out loud and his arm movements were small. If he had faith in himself, his movements would have been way bigger. And he was a good actor too ^_^

One of the kids who sang a solo song had a beautiful voice. Sure, she missed a note here and there... but it's was chillingly pure! Such a great singer...

And the most amazing thing? The kids wrote the entire musical themselves! (... with the help of the adults of course XP). It was a fantasy story and it really had some shocking moments (I honestly expected the kids would drop that dragon egg; accidentally missing it, but the catching was amazing!). A little bit of romance, a bit of jealousy, friendship... and I think that something went wrong when someone had to undo the necklace... it seemed stuck. If it was indeed stuck, the other kid solved the situation amazingly: "You know, this might not be the time. You can give it back later." Two thumbs up!

When I left the theater, all kids complained about their ears; there was an annoyingly high pitched tone! No adult could hear it... it turns out that in order to make sure young people don't hang around the theater (grouping together, destroying things), they installed a high pitched tone only young people could hear. ... All parents suddenly felt so old... and some adults thought the kids were overreacting. "Well mom, if you would have been younger, you would have probably agreed with me!"

I felt old too, but when everyone had left and I was waiting for my ride, I could hear the tone slightely. I more felt a pressure in my ears and hear a distant tone, but that was when I was alone and totally focussing. But it means I'm not THAT old =D

As for the title...

Today I had a customer who was patched through. She didn't introduce herself, so, logically, I asked whom I was speaking too. "Didn't that other girl say that? Well, she should have! What's this for nonesence; I don't have to say my name twice! And I don't want to discuss this now, because I'm in a hurry!"
I was like: Excuse me? You are talking to someone new; isn't it the polite thing to do TO INTRODUCE YOURSELF?!

And in the end it turned out she had accepted an order 3 days ago and never noticed she had accepted it and already downloaded the form... giving us the blame... ¬¬

No comments: