Monday, June 03, 2002

I went to a Musem yesterday. I had to go for school. I had to choose a piece of art and write a report about it. The picture I have chosen is underneath this message.
Anyway, I came in the Central Museum in Utrecht and we bought ticket. You might say I could easily cheat by telling my teacher I was there and just choose a painting from a book. Problem... I also have to include the tickets. So, after we bought the tockets we thought it also might be smart to go in. But the guard thought my bag was too big and that I could take along what I needed, as long as the bag went into a locker. However, I needed everything from my bag! So, I got a bag from the Museum and my almost empty bag went into a locker. I do understand it.... but whatever.
I saw a picture we talked about in class. I said to my dad that if I couldn't find any I liked, I would choose this one. It's called De Koppelaarster and I think it's from the Enlightment. I'm not sure.
I also saw a whol gallery about Nijntje/ Miffy. I didn't knew she was known over the whole world! It was really cutre ^_^. I also saw a lot of computers and guess what... I didn't touch them! Hurray for me! But there was also a projector and if you stood in front of it, you would appear on a screen. There was a ball bouncing on the screen and you could actually bash that thing away! It was really fun.
Now, this museum is one big maze. If you are looking for something it takes a life time before you find it! So we did found some maps, but we couldn't use them since they made just as much sense as putting an union on peanutbutter.
Halfway we walked through a hallway. The whole museum gave me the creeps: spooky sounds and silence, accompanied by guards who are following your every move. But I still hadn't found my painting I wanted to share with my teachers and went on. I asked my dad: 'What is Art?', after seeing jewelery. I don't consider them as art. They can be beautful, but to me it's not art. Art is something you put down or hang up and look at. You don't use it. I didn't hear it, but my dad said that after I asked my question a guard mumbled the facts of art. How rude! He is like me! ^_^. Anyway, why didn't he say it out loud? Then I could have learned from it. That Guard probably thought I was an ignorant fool.... No, I'm way too smart for that. You'll see....
Anyway, after long searching I found my painting: Carl Willink: Landschap onder regenlucht (Landscape under coming rain). When I saw it, it immediately reminded me of one of the last scenes of 'Souls for the Master' from Serenay Moon. So, I did my asignment and now we had to find the gift shop again to look if I could find a postcard from it (that was part of the asignment too!). But finding that giftshop........ we passed it halfway our quest, but couldn't find it any more! After asking we did and the painting was there too. So, asignment done!
We went to the restaurant (if you can call it that =S) and my dad and I took some cake (I took Boston Cheesecake- dang that was dry!) At the cashregister I asked: 'Miss, do you also have candles?' My dad and she looked confused at me and I pointed at my dad. 'For the Birthday Boy ^_^'. My dad felt a bit embaressed, especially when that girl looked for a candle! (they probably don't have much else to do =S). She didn't find one, but she did find a little flag ^_^. So, he got that. I'm still surprised of myself that I dared to ask that!
So, we ate, I sang a bit for my dad and we left. We went to the guarden and then into another building. *silence*........... I don't know which idiot has thought of this art...... but if you call this art you really... no, I won't say that. I have to respect other people's opinions even though I thought it was worse than trash. Come on people, One Minute Movies comcidered as art?!?!?!? A Man took a chicken in his mouth and then threw it away! A girl undressed herself and jumped into a canal on a floating matras! A man airbrushed with his own blood! *shivers* And from almost each country in the world there was a movie like that! And if you think things couldn't get worse.... you could buy tapes of it......................
ANYWAY, back to the intresting part of life. We also went into the Sint Nicolaas Church. It was okay, I now realised that a church is one big Mass Grave. There were more than 300 people burried under those stones and we were walking over it! It gave me the creeps. Walking over human bodies.... Ewh. And I couldn't avoid it. Really, I didn't like it at all. The church was beautiful and all, but people are burried there!
Let's see, we also went to another building across the street. Again, I had to leave my empty bag in a locker. This was about fashion and Rietveld. Gerrit Rietveld was a famous artist. And from the clothes I liked only one boot: you could zip it down all the way! Do you know Esher's apple which has its skin cut around him? Well, this boot was just like that! Really cool.
The entrance lady (hoast) said that on the second floor there was something really fun! So, we looked and looked and I asked my dad where that fun might be? We haven't found it.
So, we went home and ate ice at an ice cream shop. That waitress thought it was more important to help customers than giving us money back. And she didn't get my dad's hint.
I think that was it. Some people are morons. Yupyup. Anyway, I have to get to school today and return some books. Then I have to look for a present for my sister (what do you give a 20 year old girl who wants money?!) and for a friend of mine. Hope you are sleeping very well tonight ^_^. I think you will have no trouble at all, after such a boring review.



If the picture doesn't work because the site doesn't allow off site linking (or whatever it is in CORRECT english); this is the link: http://home-1.worldonline.nl/~sb068187/Kunst/Schilderij/Willink_Regenlucht.jpg

No comments: