Thursday, January 09, 2003

First I'm gonna post this crap so I can cheer myself up afterwards again. I'm part of the Dreaming Moon RPG and I'm really thinking about leaving now.
This is what I mailed:

Hai,

I'm playing Rini in the RPG. A while ago I got a mail through the mail group that said that people complained about my bad usage of English. I know my english is not perfect being Dutch and I agreed, but now I would like to disagree.

People complained that my English was not so well, while my English is better than half of the players. The thing that confuses me, is that nobody complains about them- and that they are not getting a public mail with: watch your spelling.

I would like to ask you to be consequent. If you send a mail to me telling I should watch my spelling, you should send that to others too. It's feeling very unfair towards me. Besides that fact, I would suggest sending private mails and not a public mail.

You send a public mail to Demitri (Helios and Andrew) and me, and everybody agreed with it- replying too, letting us feel hostility and very unwanted. I know Demitri has a bit of trouble following the rules, but we are used to other types of RPGs where we could interact more with characters. Since we are used to that, it is sometimes hard for us to remember these rules- but we honestly try.

In that mail you also stated that I put words in other's people mouth, but as far as I remember I've never done that. If I've ever done that, I would only have put words in Helios's mouth, and I know Demitri doesn't mind. But as far as I remember, I've never done that.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. After that public mail you send I'm beginning to feel a lot of hostility, especially towards Demitri while he's trying so hard. It's beginning to take the fun away.

Please, be consequent- and to let you know- I didn't use a spellcheck with this mail, so is it really this bad as people claim?

This is the reply:

Yours has gotten a little better. Although Scaramanga needs to work on his.

WTF?! All I got back was this and it makes no sense at all!! What a load of CRAP! My spelling has not improved at all, it's still the same. Ask Cat. Ask ANYONE. If anything should've changed about my spelling, it should've become worse, because my spelling is better than half of the active players! The other players don't even know how to spell Artemis! And Demitri's spelling is even better than most of the players- he's just a fast typer. The faster you type, the more mistakes you make.
This is such crap. I'm so thinking about leaving. Would leave them with a dead boring RPG anyway. And no kidding. You have to wait till someone plays a villan and there are... I think... 2 villans- one hardly plays and the other is head over heals on another character and forget she's evil!
So, because nothing happened, Demitri made up his own villan- finally some life came into the RPG and then people started complaining just because we finally had fun! I'm so seriously thinking of leaving- their idiotic rules and now this..... tiny reply.... I deserve better!!

No comments: