Saturday, September 21, 2002

Good things about work: It pays money and Evil Ellen moved to the other side. Bad things about work: a lot of people weren't at home for their packages. And halfway home, the chain fell from my bicycle so I had to walk home. I used my bicycle as a ..... ehm... we call it 'step'. Leaning on the bike and using your other foot to push yourself forward. It was heavier than I expected! Halfway I met a woman who had a question about the mail she was receiving but she couldn't speak dutch that well, so we continued in english ^_^. She had been getting the mail from the previous owners (she just moved here) but she didn't know where to send it, or whatever! It kept on piling up. I told her to use 2 words: Retour and Verhuisd. Retour means it has to be send back to the sender and Verhuisd means Moved. There; people, stop troubeling her with that mail!
I also found a wallet, but because of my 'broken' bike I couldn't bring it to the police. Instead of that, I looked up the name of the id-card in the phonebook and saw that there were about 5 people called like that in my city. 1 of them was living close to where I found it and I called that number. It turned out it was the wallet of a little brother's friend! So, what are the odds you find the wallet of someone you know the big brother off! (and when I say big, I mean really big! He's about 2 metres! He's so tall!). I brought it along and we talked a bit.
Now I'm at home. My sister traded her screen and the people first were a bit troubling. When she said the factory told her it was no problem at all and that she could trade it, they were suddenly so co-operative! But, to be sure, she tested the new screen right away in the store. 1 pixel broken. Screen 2. 3 pixels broken. 4. another pixel broken. 5: nothing broken!!! Wai!
Congrats with your new screen sister sweet! Okay, that sounded wrong....

No comments: