Monday, July 15, 2002

I'm ba-ack! Yupyup, Kitty is back and TIRED!
If you all followed my blog well, you would have probably known I went to the Efteling yesterday. The Efteling is our first National ThemeParc and very well visited (and getting more expensive with the year!). I go there each year with my friends and this time I arranged everything. I bought tickets and was ready to go when I got called yesterday that one of my friends couldn't come- she was sick. So, I have now one ticket left (21 Euro; about 20 dollar) and I don't want to loose that money.
So, we'll have to find a solution for that. I hope I can return the ticket but I guess not and well, 21 euro is a bit too much to just forget it.
Anyway, we went with the train and guess what... it came 29 minutes later! If it would have come 30 minutes later we could have asked half of our money back >_<. But there turned out to be a certain event on Saterday; Sensation- the Black Edition so it was really busy at the station. I'm glad we didn't have to stand the whole way. When we stopped in a meadow (I don't know why) I said for fun: 'This train will not go any further. Please leave the train and continue walking'. Some people actually believed it! Hihi!
We had to go with the bus too but nothing important happened there. We went in and went to the Fata Morgana. The Fata Morgana was build in 1982 and one of the first attractions. It's also told that Disney looked at this ride before they made It's a Small World- that they learned how to do it by looking at the Efteling. I'm not sure if it is true; but everyone believes it. In the Fata Morgana there are 2 fake crocodiles but I really hate them. They are so BIG! (if you read the about me post a while ago, you could have read I hate crocodiles).
Second we went in the Gondoletta; just a boat that floats for 20 minutes. Really peaceful. After that we went in the Vogel Rok. Fun as ever, but I think they moved the photo camera ~_~. We wanted to go to the Carnaval Festival then, but there was a line there... yes, I'm not kidding! Last time there was a line there, I was 8! So, we didn't go. My friends wanted to go to Villa Volta instead and I was the only one who knew the way. Ask me an attraction and I would know the way. So we were there in no time!
Everytime we go to Villa Volta (if you ever come in the Efteling, this is a must see!) we enjoy it. But when we come out, we always talk about how people did it! Other people tell about how exiting it was, and how fun and strange, while we talk about the technical side! The 2 prestories are boring though. I can almost dream them! 'This house, this cursed house, it became a hell.' 'Thou, Hugo from the Loonsche Duynen...' <~ that was a name.
We went into DroomVlucht/ Dreamflight after that and wow! We only had to wait 15 minutes!! I still enjoyed the air-castles. They are so pretty. *I want one too!!* The only reason I go to the Droomvlucht, is because of those castles and a corridor with little stars *dreamy sighs*.
After that, I guided my friends through the Fairy-tale forest towards the Pirana; some sort of rafting adventure. Oh yeah, I didn't get lost inside the Fairy-tale forest! For the first time! And I didn't get wet inside the Pirana either!
After that, one of my friends wanted to go in a cano because she wanted to feed the fish. She took bread especially along for them. She already fed some in the Gondeletta, but she wanted to find more! ^_^. She's older than me and then people say I'm crazy ^_^. She didn't find them though.
We went into the Half Moon too. It was a ship that would slide from one side to another. It was fun ^_^. 2 of our friends didn't like it though so they didn't go. It's okay. My mom hates it too. After that, me and my fish-feeding friend went into the Python; our biggest (build in 1983) rollercoaster in this parc (there are only 2 of them there ^_^). I wasn't as scared as usual. I wanted to go in the Haunted house after that, but we didn't go. It's no big problem; I actually go for one special song... Dance Macabre... WHICH I HAVE AS MP3!!!
Let's see, where did we went after that. I think Panda Dream. It was new. One of my friends father went in there and said it took too long and was quite boring. But we went anyway and all loved it! Do you know Honey I shrunk the audience? Well, it was a 3D show like that but way better! It was beautifully animated only it had a downside... when you get out of it... you are a bit depressed. It's made with the help of the WWF, so it's really ecological. But beautiful nonetheless. And not too crowded either! A lot of people can get in at the same time, so you don't have to wait that long.
I think after that, we redid Fata Morgana and the Droomvlucht. We took a little train and went along the parc. Quite peaceful ^_^.
When I went inside a giftshop, I saw a small statue of a motherdragon with a babydragon. This one was so perfect for Tiamat, I really wanted to buy it for her, but then again I don't know her adress and I guess it will be really expensive to send it ~_~. It's already about an euro to send a simple card to America; this statue was about 400 grams.
We left quite early because some of the group had to work today. We ate at Burger King at the station (dang they have salty fries! No wonder I dislike going there) and I went home.

If one of my e-mail friends would come to the Netherlands, I would not only take then to Noorder Dierenpark Emmen (the zoo I went to Monday), but also the Efteling. I'm sure all would love it!.
Now the only downside is that I still have 1 ticket left...

No comments: